Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Zealand Wines at the 35th Vancouver International Wine Festival

New Zealand Wine and Food Pairing - Vancouver International Wine Festival.

Last week I attended the 35th Vancouver International Wine Festival (VIWF) in Vancouver, British Columbia. With 175 participating wineries from 15 countries, I was invited to attend as a representative of Kiwi Daydreaming.

I arrived on a drizzly Monday afternoon and left Vancouver on Sunday, the sunniest day of the week. Vancouver looked glorious. It was a wonderful week replete with wine, walking, food, conversations and new friendships. The 360 mile drive to Vancouver was worth the time and the gas.

I was impressed. Please, put me on the list for next year.

Just a few of the New Zealand wines I sampled.

On Kiwi Daydreaming I will be posting New Zealand wine details and notes on the conversations I had with New Zealand winery principles - the night I spent three hours visiting New Zealand wines at the International tasting and the Saturday where I spent two hours at the New Zealand wine and food pairing – OMG – what a stellar venue.

Lovely walk to the Vancouver Convention Centre.

On my "Wild 4 Washington Wine" blog, I am posting an activity log re-capping my time spent in Vancouver. This will include specifics of the Vancouver International Wine Festival, places I visited, where I ate, the people I met, tips for visitors, as well as interviews with Vancouver locals.

The VIWF is a fundraiser for the “Bard on the Beach” Shakespeare Festival. Bard on the Beach is one of Canada's largest not for profit professional Shakespeare Festival. In addition, many other activities are offered; opera concerts, workshops, lectures and forums. A wonderful venue for locals and tourists. Make your plans now. The 2013 season is June 12 – September 14, 2013. Tickets go on sale starting April 8.

Cheers to the City of Vancouver, the International Wine Festival and everyone who made this fantastic event such a success. I look forward to sharing my experiences with you...stay tuned.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi William looking forward to your notes on the New Zealand wines you tried. It was great to talk with you in person. cheers Matt Connell
    Winemaker - Akarua Wines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,
    It is taking longer than expected to properly cover my week in Vancouver. There were many great experiences every day. You can follow along on my www.wild4washingtonwine.com blog for the stories.

    Soon, I will be on Thursday evening and will share my conversations with New Zealand winemakers and their wines. A lovely, lovely time. Also, looking forward to sharing the wonderful New Zealand wine and food pairing on Saturday. Absotively a fantastic time.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete